Sunday 21 April 2013

Farmer's Market and Race Day

Friday April 19
Weather in Cobh is beautiful today, warm, blue skies, and no wind. I took a walk up to St. Colman Cathedral, then walked along the path by the bay. They set up a Farmer's Market in town each Friday and Saturday with fresh fruits, eggs, and flowers.

View from St. Colman Cathedral

Titanic mural

Farmer's Market


Sunday April 21
Another nice day in Cobh. We see many container ships go by and in May there are about a dozen cruise ships scheduled to dock at the cruise terminal. There is a 10 mile race today and the finish line is across the street from our flat in front of the Titanic museum. I thought about doing the race but I don't want to injure myself in another country, so I'll just be a spectator today. At the last minute I found out there was a shorter walk/run race, so I decided to do it. It was cool to cross a finish line in Ireland. The race is not like races in the US. There are no fancy t-shirts or pricey entrance fees. You just donate what you want to the cause, which for this race was the Irish Cancer Society.

Cargo ship


No comments:

Post a Comment